Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectThoughts on Custom Designed/DIY Wedding Invitation Business?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2216&mesg_id=2216
2216, Thoughts on Custom Designed/DIY Wedding Invitation Business?
Posted by ellezdesigns, Thu Mar-13-08 07:34 AM
I would like your thoughts on my (in-progress) custom wedding invitation business, which I've named elle Z designs. The idea is to offer upscale, custom designed wedding invitations that are available in a DIY kit so the brides can have a very unique piece and save $$ by doing some of the work themselves (maybe printing, scoring, folding and assembling.) I will have some stock designs (at a lower end of the price spectrum), and offer fully assembled pieces too (on the higher end) for those who aren't crafty or don't want to do any work.

I will market online as well as in person at bridal shows. At some point I think it would be great to have bridal shops carry my line of invitations. I will likely offer other wedding related products too, but my main focus right now is on the invitations.

I've started a website & blog that still needs work, but what are your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions at this point? Do you think it has potential?

~Laura
elle Z designs
www.ellezdesigns.com