Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectpurchase existing small online businesses
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2178
2178, purchase existing small online businesses
Posted by laurentroux42, Thu Mar-06-08 08:43 PM
Hi,

I am currently reviewing 3 small existing online businesses.

I have gotten some basic financial and operational information from two of the current owners and one broker who represents the third one.

These businesses are in three different industry sectors: seafood, brandless/logoless clothing and niche outdoor sport equiment/community.

I've gotten some preliminary advice from a CPA friend and an Internet lawyer friend.

I would like to get some additional advice/feedback on the following:
- appropriate legal and accounting related due diligences
- initial valuation & final price negotiation
- tax benefits from owning LLCs to run these small online businesses
- escrow and lawyer service related to the purchase process
- PPC campaigns and SEO related costs

I am also trying to get a better idea for cashflows requirements for the first year to run these businesses AS IS and grow them further.

Any suggestion/templates/frameworks to use will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
2226, RE: purchase existing small online businesses
Posted by jswank02, Fri Mar-14-08 04:12 AM
Be warned the financial information may be false. Tread very lightly and get a lawyer. Mosts Small business groups in every state has a free legal service. My mom almost got in trouble trying to buy a Curves franchise that the owner did not disclose.

As a side note I am starting my owner marketing consulting business and have a few slots left for the free plans I am offering which would include most of the items you listed.

Go to www.jswank.com Free Plans and let me know your thoughts or contact me at info@jswank.com

Thanks

Joanna Swank