Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectwant to start mini expo and need help how to start
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2134
2134, want to start mini expo and need help how to start
Posted by precisely2, Sat Mar-01-08 04:04 PM
i want to start a college expo and other expos but i want to know if i can make a profit. i'm a planner of many events for free but now i want to take it to the next level. i'm working on business plan and website. i live in a growing city we do not have a lot of informational seminars/expo unless you're a memeber of organization or travel to charlotte atlanta or further. i want to offer the best assistance to first time college students in areas of financial aide, scholarship,act & sat info, assistance filling out forms, college placement, internship, motivational speaker and offer a door prize what else scholarship (small) but every bit helps. Your replies, comments, suggestions will greatly be appreciated!:)
2293, RE: want to start mini expo and need help how to start
Posted by rublaken, Fri Mar-28-08 04:26 AM
I haave done mini expos for direct sales companies. The way I did it is once you have a space to hold the event you have to decide on the pricing for each expo at the event. the public gets in free. The pricing should cover your rental cost and any advertising you plan on doing. Ex: College DC wants to be in the expo they pay a fee of $$$ for the space the main idea is to make money and provide a service . do your homework for advertising cost and events locations. then you can come up with your pricing. Hope this helps