Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Calling all Foodies! I need your advice!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=21&mesg_id=215
215, RE: Calling all Foodies! I need your advice!
Posted by lisasgourmet, Thu Oct-05-06 02:36 AM
Gertee3:

Great day to you! In order for your idea to work, you have to be providing something that no one else in the area is providing, meaning, your products have to have a niche or an edge.

I am in the process of opening my "bakery", All Things Cheesecake. NO ONE in my area (or the country, for that matter) makes cheesecakes like I do. NO ONE offers the cheesecake desserts I do. (cheesecake truffles, petit fours, etc.)

Work with your local Small Business Development Center on your business plan. THEY ARE BEYOND HELPFUL!!! Best of all, it's all free to you. They will help you with every part of your plan, and assist you with finding the financing.

Because of renovations to a newly purchased building (in a PRIME location), I will not be able to open up till after the first of the year.

Every major player I have talked to is completely jazzed about my products ---- especially after tasting some!

Don't let your idea stop or stall because it isn't already being done. Research, Research, Research. Test your products. You have to be able to not only sell the business plan, but you have to be able to sell the product too.

It can be the best business plan in the world, but if no one wants or needs your product ----- it isn't going to work.

Good Luck to you!!!!

Lisa