Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Calling all Foodies! I need your advice!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=21&mesg_id=158
158, RE: Calling all Foodies! I need your advice!
Posted by nikkib, Tue Sep-12-06 12:54 PM
I live in Reno, NV and we have an establishment here called "Chocolate Bar" (quite simple & catchy!). It serves everything chocolate, from desserts to chocolate drinks, non- and alcoholic. But it's EVERYTHING chocolate.

Honestly, I have not gone there since I'm not a HUGE chocolate fan. However, people who have gone say they have fun and it's different. Since I live in a 24-hour town, I'm sure they tried it, but I believe now they close at 1 a.m. on the weekends and 11 p.m. during the week. It's a lounge-type decor with large windows for people to see in. It reminds me of San Francisco establishments where you can watch people eat/drink. It would need some street traffic so people driving and walking by can check it out.

I think it's a great idea if you can niche it and specialize in one thing (like a fab cheesecake as a specialty). A dessert wine bar would be cool if you could have some sort of educational method of getting people to attend for a fee & a lesson. Dessert wine & ports are tricky if you don't know what you're doing. People can get really drunk without realizing it since they're both so high in sugar & alcohol.