Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectUsig Sales Rps
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2054
2054, Usig Sales Rps
Posted by rublaken, Wed Feb-06-08 05:35 AM
Hi,
I just wanted to ask and get some feedback for and idea that I have. I sell women clothing, shoes, handbags, ang jewelry using a catalog. I wanted to get others to sell for me giving them 15% on all sales. I am not a company! All my sales are made under my name. I do take credit cards, I don't have a website. But my question is: I would like to get others to sale from me making a commission on all sales. No inventory, Just selling using catalogs. I work out of my home. If I get a website I do't want it to be a selling site, where people can order from. I want it to be an information site about want I do and if you would like to join you can. All items are shipped directly to the customers so there is no deliving of products. What I would like to know is the be way about doing this. Any information will be greatly appreicated.

Ruth
2061, RE: Usig Sales Rps
Posted by Pepperfire, Fri Feb-08-08 03:47 AM
I think it's a great idea. You've thought it out quite well it seems to me.

What "information" do you think you're missing?

T
2065, RE: Usig Sales Rps
Posted by rublaken, Mon Feb-11-08 06:33 AM
I think that I will have a hard time convincing people that it is not a sham because I sell under my name. But so does Sarah Coventry. I am not MLM. You will get paid for what you sell not who you recurit.
2067, RE: Usig Sales Rps
Posted by primartdeco, Tue Feb-12-08 07:44 AM
You could make this work. Look for sites online for people who are looking for reps. I have a rep company that reps my wholesale product line in 8 states to retail shops. They charge a standard commission and bill once a month.
2068, RE: Usig Sales Rps
Posted by Pepperfire, Tue Feb-12-08 08:07 AM
Finding a commission only sales rep is not as easy as it may seem. They work on their own time and often, they really don't spend the time and effort that you do looking for sales opportunities.

I recommend that if you haven't done so already, that you registere your name as a DBA. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Sarah Coventry has incorporated.

Good luck.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!