Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectWhat do you think- WILL THIS GO OVER WELL?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=2011
2011, What do you think- WILL THIS GO OVER WELL?
Posted by bearlygrown, Tue Jan-22-08 05:01 AM
Hello fellow hard workers!

I am interested in starting a unique event planning company that focuses on GREEN events!~
It would be an event planning service that would utilize all recycled products, organic foods, environmentally sound items, etc!
There would be levels of GREEN to choose from.

I live in NYC so this is HUGE here.

Been planning events for 10 years on the side.

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT YOU HAVE!
2013, RE: What do you think- WILL THIS GO OVER WELL?
Posted by Pepperfire, Wed Jan-23-08 04:37 AM
I think it will go over well, if it is marketed correctly, but that you will be pricing yourself into the high end of the market. Yes, it's a popular and swiftly growing niche, but it's still a very low percentage of the event planning target market.

You don't want to niche yourself so tightly that you put yourself out of business.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
2015, RE: What do you think- WILL THIS GO OVER WELL?
Posted by Jay, Wed Jan-23-08 10:23 AM
I think you have an excellent idea!
2091, RE: What do you think- WILL THIS GO OVER WELL?
Posted by MRose902, Wed Feb-20-08 08:25 AM
I agree that this is a great idea. Promoting your service to an organization should be the easy part since it will help promote their brand/company as an eco-friendly one. To help answer some questions I've been curious about: How do you charge for event planning in general? Does the company pay you for all materials required for the event? You're defintily on to something. Just keep a close eye on how this green trend evolves/fades and make adjustments accordingly. Oh yeah, it wouldn't hurt to drive a hybrid to your events :-p
2092, RE: What do you think- WILL THIS GO OVER WELL?
Posted by majicari, Thu Feb-21-08 12:10 AM
Definitely worth doing - I am in London and the corporate shift to green
is evident everywhere. If you can find a way to publicise the companies that choose a green event, that might help - after all, most companies are interested in their reputation above all else.