Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectAccounting & finance consulting for start ups - good idea/how to promote?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1953
1953, Accounting & finance consulting for start ups - good idea/how to promote?
Posted by ChrisBenjamin, Sun Dec-23-07 01:54 PM
I recently left my normal, 9-5 corporate job as a financial controller, working for start ups, so I could start my own consulting firm. I do basically what I did at my last jobs, since the companies I was working for really didn't need a full time person, I would get bored. I wanted to get out and help as many companies as I could with those start up needs - financial projections, getting started on the right foot with accounting procedures, cash management, and financial report development.

I've found a few projects through guru.com and elance.com. I'm at a dead end though with other avenues to find companies who would use my services. Does anyone have any recommendations? I want to develop myself into the go to guy for helping start ups in the accounting & finance capacity, in that time frame before they need a full time controller, but they are beyond needing basic bookkeeping.

Any ideas appreciated. I know it'll take a while to grow the business and build my reputation for good work, but finding those first clients is a bit of a challenge!

Chris Benjamin Consulting - helping start ups with accounting & finance