Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectShipping Ideas???
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1930&mesg_id=1930
1930, Shipping Ideas???
Posted by pltman, Wed Dec-26-07 03:24 PM
Hi. I am new to the forum and I have to say, I am very impressed with the responces that I have read so far. I have been searching for ideas to help grow my buisiness and it is nice to find aplace where other business owners can share ideas without fear of being taken to the cleaners. I have a garage door company, and things have really started to slow down. It is family owned and the only 2 employees are my son and myself. We have a web site that has pretty good showings on both yahoo and google if you type in " garage doors melbourne fl" or any other city in the Brevard county FL area. We have been thinking about adding a "shopping cart" feature to our site to offer selling and shipping some of the "do it yourself" items that we sell, ex..remote controles, storage racks and so forth. The problem that we just can't seem to figure out is, the rails that go with our garage door openers are longer than 8ft. long. UPS and Fed Ex won't ship them because of their length and the common carriers wont ship to residential addresses. We carry a higher qulity product to ensure that the customer is getting nothing but the best. Any advice on solving the shipping problem would be great. Also, any comments on the website,(good or bad) would be great as well. Thank you so very much in advance. www.BrevardGarageDoors.com