Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectHope I don't sound Bitter!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1904&mesg_id=1904
1904, Hope I don't sound Bitter!
Posted by epa1022, Sat Dec-01-07 04:32 AM
Trying my hardest not to re-visit a past that I've long left behind, but bills are piling up, stress is building in the house, and it's Christmas time. In the past, I've put up traditional ads, and the meager responses that I do get are people either trying to take money I don't have; trying to get me to scam other people out of money; or, offering to pay me peanuts(like the one nice gentleman that was honest enough to warn me that all he could afford to pay was enough for me to get a case or two of beer), so maybe if I "keep it real" I'll get a genuine proposal. I've got a wife busting her tail at work, and kids, so, although I enjoy sucking back a couple cold ones every night, that just didn't quite do it for me. You can't tell by just looking at me, but, because of a near fatal car accident I was involved in 4 years ago, my back and regions of my left side cause me physical distress, so continuous strenous tasks are not possible. I've worked a variety of positions, the past 20+ years, including several clerical and managerial ones while I served in the U.S. Army(83-90), so I'm pretty good at data entry, and other non technical office duties. If there are any vendors with quality, reasonably priced cell phones, electronics, clothes(mainly urban), under garments, toiletries, etc., willing to work out some sort of consignment agreement, I can probably get rid of them for you.

I don't want any sympathy, or hand-outs, just someone extending a legitimate opportunity to earn an income, while allowing me to care for my 4 year old daughter.