Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: I NEED TO FIND MY NICHE!!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1851&mesg_id=1939
1939, RE: I NEED TO FIND MY NICHE!!
Posted by DBeavers, Thu Dec-13-07 05:31 PM
Tina,

I don't do the decorating like you do with pad printing, but I do sell promotional advertising on a full-time basis.

Just today (Dec 14th) I received an order for 8 embroidered jackets from the local library. When I was finally able to leave my home office, I called on 3 buyers at a local hospital. I had 15 quotes for one, and will get the ones that receive final approval next Thursday.

One of the buyers just placed a repeat order for 500 plastic medallions.

And the third one approved all 6 orders on the spot - 1000 Tote bags, 1000 pencils and pencils sharpeners, 1000 ToothBrush Kits, 1000 color-changing stadium cups, and finally 1000 keytainers. I left her with a couple choices of wash cloths, and will order her a couple samples.

That still leaves 5 more items that I have to prepare quotes for another upcoming event.

Oh yeah, I had to stop by the local Chamber of Commerce and drop off a catalog with a new employee who will be ordering Tote bags next month.

I still have two buyers I need to meet with that want embroidered shirts for one and bamboo back scratchers for the others.

And these customers are paying set-up charges, PMS ink match charges, additional charges for 2d color, 2d location, and even 4-color process images.

The Promotional Advertising market is hot in SW Louisiana.

Good luck at finding the right opportunity or business for you and your local market.

Dennis Bevers