Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Business idea - giving back........thoughts??
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1846&mesg_id=1901
1901, RE: Business idea - giving back........thoughts??
Posted by bwac, Fri Nov-30-07 08:02 PM
I had heard of those organizations but didn't really know what they did until I began working on this idea. My goal with this group is to financially support programs that work with children, victims of abuse, terminally ill, etc.. I am also planning to begin a program here in Lubbock called Not Me, Not Now, it's a program that began in 2001 to encourage teens to remain abstinent. Lubbock is in the top 3 for Teen pregnancies and STD's in Texas. I don't see anyone doing anything about it. I'd like to see Business With A Cause support that program.

I don't know alot about Rotary or Kiwanis and I haven't heard much about what they're doing in the community here. I want Business With A Cause to be very visible. I want local residents to know that businesses that are part of BWAC care about Lubbock and are doing something to help.

Ultimately, I believe that since local residents are what keep businesses going, we as business owners need to give something back.

On the other side of that coin, I believe that if local residents know that businesses are giving back to the community they're going to be more apt to keep supporting those businesses.

Thanks again for your post, sorry for rambling, I'm trying to get my head around what BWAC is really going to be focused on.

Any other thoughts are GREATLY appreciated!

Roddy