Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Selling my Stuff to Stores
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1806&mesg_id=1815
1815, RE: Selling my Stuff to Stores
Posted by achievedisplay, Thu Nov-01-07 05:33 PM
Hi,
If it were me, I would consider selling locally first for a couple of different reasons.
- You will get to know your customers better!
- You will refine your product faster, ultimately making it more attractive to national buyers.

When you sell locally, it will be easier to respond to your customer's needs. This will also reduce the logistical headache if something goes wrong nationally, such as customer dissatisfaction.

Most of all though, when you have local customers that you can meet, you will force yourself to understand what is important to them.

I wouldn't suggest sending samples to people you haven't spoken to. I would at least call on them. If you have trouble cold calling or getting appointments - Here is a basic set-up:

1. Greet your potential customer and Identify yourself
2. Note your referrer if you have one
3. Tell them why you are calling - say something that you have been doing that relates to what they do.
4. Identify a benefit that has resulted from what you are doing (for instance: you have created a new type of bridal accessory that is becoming mainstream)
5. Confirm that it would be useful to them ("I'm sure that providing Brides with a more memorable experience is important to your company, isn't it?")
6. If they agree, close and make the appointment (It will only take me 5 minutes to show you what I have created - Is Tuesday at 7 ok?)
7. If not - Ask questions to uncover what is going on with their business.
8. When you find someway your services could benefit them, tell them how another one of your customers had the same concerns, and you were able to help them in such and such ways.

After all of this, if all else fails, consider sending them the sample.

- My thoughts on bridal accessories -
If I were to create one, I would concentrate on something that the Bride could keep, was easily personalizable, and memorable. Like a second veil, but not a veil.

Just my thoughts
Good Luck!