Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectPossibly offensive business idea!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1794
1794, Possibly offensive business idea!
Posted by Dessie, Mon Oct-29-07 10:28 AM
After the whole "Nude Barber" debacle in the Classic Forum, I feel almost reluctant to suggest this, but for the grace of ideas here I go.

A few years back, I got to see a "travelling" oil wrestling business in the making. Basically, they travelled from bar to bar (they did one really nice nightclub on Halloween) booking it ahead of time, asking for a fee from the bar and they sold tickets for prizes, coach time, blah blah. There was no touching, though a ticket winner could squirt the baby oil on the wrestler, and it was generally a fun time. The girls were regulars(though we encouraged female audience members to join in), so there was less competition/violence (well, a bit less) and more of a show.

However, it sank under due to veeeery poor management, lack of any advertising at all, and while there were some very good ideas thrown around, the bad use of funds and bad habits by the female manager made it go under. I thought, and still do, think its an awesome idea, I even wrangled a Westword article right before it went belly up. Now, I don't have the gift of glib that the former manager had to book the shows, but I have a better idea how to run a safe, fun show that keeps everyone happy and things running smoothly.

The hardest parts, to me, would be the getting a good reliable stable of girls together, and booking shows to begin with. The financing and overhead costs I'm hoping to generate privately in the next year. Any other thoughts on pros, cons? Feasibility or interest? I can give more details if needed.