Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectWhat Can I Do With My Skills?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1774&mesg_id=1774
1774, What Can I Do With My Skills?
Posted by xxdhoomxx, Wed Oct-24-07 04:55 PM
Hi guys,
Thank you in advance for your help. My goal is to start a home based business. The reason is that I am an entreprenuer (and owned several businesses since I was 8 years old.) My businesses in the past have been just hobby businesses or just a way to make quick cash. But, at 27, and after a couple years of continuous corporate setting experience, I am now very serious about starting a solid, long term business. The thing is that I have bad credit and not too much money saved up. So, I figured that a low overhead, home based opportunity would be the best.

The only problem is that I have no idea what I can do with my skills:
-Customer Service (6+ years or B2C and B2B customer service)
-Collections (4 months and I was very successful)
-Inside Sales (2 years - mediocre success, not a big fan of it. But I think that was mostly because of poor management in the companies).
-Web Design (though pretty much out of it)
-Online retail business (owned a successful one 4 years ago, did my own web design and marketing)
-Retail store management (4 months)
-Good cook
-Friendly personality

Based on this,
I was thinking about a virtual assistant service or a collections agency? I'd like to gross around $8,000 a month.

Please help.