Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectNeed Help with Bus Idea
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1771
1771, Need Help with Bus Idea
Posted by KimB, Tue Oct-23-07 04:46 AM

I have been waiting to start an online Christian bookstore for a year. I finally finished my degree and my home boss (my husband) said -go for it!

Now, after researching I found that there are lots of Christian bookstores and even Churches that are selling online. So, anyone have a particular niche idea that would help set it apart from all the rest? Or maybe an idea similar to the bookstore.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
KimB
1773, RE: Need Help with Bus Idea
Posted by Pepperfire, Wed Oct-24-07 09:37 AM
Biz Researcher has a great idea! I agree.

You might also want to offer "tools" as well, pencils, crayons, etc.

Good luck, I hope it works well for you.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
1823, RE: Need Help with Bus Idea
Posted by noah_678, Sun Nov-04-07 06:53 PM
Hmmm! After the struggle of five years I taken a certified HLG (The Hawaiian Lomi Group) dealership. Things have been changed and I?m earning well now. There is no need of capital investment or having expert like business skills. You can also get your dealership easily from http://www.lomimoney.com It's good opportunity to become own boss. Hope this will help you.
Best of luck!
1825, RE: Need Help with Bus Idea
Posted by bonedog, Mon Nov-05-07 01:43 AM
I think you will have a hard time making money. First of all you already have a limited customer base, and people can go to the internet and buy cheaper than your prices. :-(
1827, RE: Need Help with Bus Idea
Posted by VisionMaster, Mon Nov-05-07 10:14 AM
KimB:

I have one sitting on the shelf also "Inspiration Mall". Give me a call and we can talk.

The "competition" is real and you will need to build a system / process that provides "added value" and be willing to BRAND it for Churches and organizations who have not set out their store yet.

Think of becomming the resource they need to be great and you have a chance.

Bill Joyce
Vision Management
wcbs@aol.com
1834, RE: Need Help with Bus Idea
Posted by KimB, Tue Nov-06-07 06:09 AM
>KimB:
>
>I have one sitting on the shelf also "Inspiration
>Mall". Give me a call and we can talk.
>
>The "competition" is real and you will need to build
>a system / process that provides "added value" and
>be willing to BRAND it for Churches and organizations who have
>not set out their store yet.
>
>Think of becomming the resource they need to be great and you
>have a chance.
>
>Bill Joyce
>Vision Management
>wcbs@aol.com
>

Thank you for the input. I had planned on catering to churches in the area. I am also looking for a market niche that would compliment the bookstore. I have been doing research and - yes - the competition is brutal. I once read that you should take the best of what the competition has to offer and make it better. That is to refine what they have already done. Well, I am still formulating my business plan and there is still time to revise.

I want to thank everyone for helping out and giving great, honest feedback.

Sincerely,
KimB