Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectSeveral Ideas - Please Comment
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1754&mesg_id=1754
1754, Several Ideas - Please Comment
Posted by EdCoon, Sun Oct-14-07 04:42 AM
OK, I have been an entrepreneur for many years. Had several businesses, sold one, the others didn't fair so well. I am contemplating a few new ideas and thought, since I am part of Idea Cafe, I would run them past the CyberSchmooz crowd. Again, please realize, these are in the paper napkin phase so if they sound totally ?out-of-it? let me know, no feelings will be hurt, no money lost. Here we go;

1) A Netflix style business for hard copy books. You could set it up from a local library so they could handle the drop areas. Or, you could bump the price to cover shipping. Or you could partner with a Powell?s, Barnes & Noble, Amazon or Borders to take advantage of their inventory. Makes money through memberships & advertising.
2) A website that stores your own personalized obituary. In text or video form, customers would submit their obituaries for storage. They write (or video) them themselves so no one else has to, pay a small fee and store it their. Site is searchable by year or alphabetically. Possibly a membership site? Makes money from one-time submissions or memberships & advertising.
3) Textbooks online. Sell textbooks in .pdf format to college students. Might run into copyright issues here. Or, sell the concept to Universities so they can re-sell the .pdf formatted books through the book store and make even more money off the students. The store can offer discount coupons to local restaurants, theaters etc. for download & print. Money made from purchases, advertising and rights sold to the Universities (if we chose to go that route).
4) A single ?Solo? card that you purchase that has a website where you can upload all your balances from gift-cards you?ve received. This single card can be used at all the participating retailers. When you upload your balance from gift-card (let?s say Target) a printable coupon (from Target) will pop-up with a percentage discount to lure you back in to spend there. You also have a ?cash-out? option that can give you cash for 80% of your balance, deposited directly into your checking/savings account. Money made from sign-up fees, retail stores, advertising and cash-out fee.
5) Advertising. ATM screens. When you get cash or make a deposit, you view an ad and choose which local vendor you want a coupon from. On the back of your receipt (or on a separate slip) is printed the coupon. Money made from participating banks (maybe) and local retailers.

OK, those are just a sampling. Yes, I do have a real job and just don?t sit around thinking up this stuff. Thanks for your input.

Ed Coon
http://www.xswaste.com
ecoon@xswaste.com