Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectAmerican Made Products
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1743
1743, American Made Products
Posted by Maureen, Wed Oct-10-07 06:52 AM
Hello,
I am looking for sound biz advice regading my USA made product,
the nifty clip. It is a promotional product and retail product. I have sold 100,000's to end users. Now I want to take it to a large distribution level. Just cold calling does not seem to work. I have a great sample package. I have sent plenty out but do they ever get into the decision makers hands??
We live in Michigan and are dying out here with the economy. I want to be the next big success story out of here!
We have a great website.
www.thehatclip.com

PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
Thanks
Maureen Wartian - VP Sales
Gotta Have Products LLC

1745, RE: American Made Products
Posted by Pepperfire, Thu Oct-11-07 02:49 AM
Have you thought about hooking up with a major ad specialty company?

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
1751, RE: American Made Products
Posted by DBeavers, Fri Oct-12-07 05:09 AM
As Tina suggested, look into contracting with a major promotional advertising company.

You have 2 easy options -

Contact major suppliers, who would want to add the product to their existing line - Example - Dard Products in Illinois - However, they will typically want to add their own imprinting in-house, rather than having you do the imprinting. This would give you the option of selling 1000s at a time, per color, and even 10K with a custom color of plastic. You make less per piece, but don't have to do anything beyond molding the product and shipping bulk.

Contact major distributors, such as Kaeser & Blair, Inc. They would need product sheets to send to their 3800+ sales force, or at least to the top 1000 dealers. Even the top 1000 would get you national exposure to all 50 states.

This would allow you to keep the imprinting in your hands, with minimum orders of 200 to 250 pieces, and possibly several orders in the 5000 to 20,000+ volume range. So, then you have to consider what your monthly capacity is for 1-color and multi-color imprinting and completion.

Consider contacting them, and sending them several random samples showing colors and quality.

Just be prepared for a jump in orders if you do reach an agreement with them.

Dennis