Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectConstructive Feedback, please
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1667&mesg_id=1667
1667, Constructive Feedback, please
Posted by speed123, Wed Sep-19-07 04:14 AM
I am researching starting a business. I have a contact who has several upper level management contacts in the industrial lighting industry. This contact also has several personal contacts who are in "high" places across the business world.

My idea for a business is not a new one. My problem is that it is a very closed community, it is not open to newbies. Competitive does not even equal it. I have been a "peon" in this industry and want to try to start my own company.

This is a type of market research company who will provide a business not only with customer input, but will also help a company define its training tools available to their staff- NOT on a retail level- but a B2B level. Because of my current contractor agreements, I am not at liberty to discuss much more, other than this is currently a rather controversial career choice with some negative press recently.

What I am trying to do right now is build a business plan. I am floundering and do not know where to start. I know where I want to be, where my contact and probable sales partner wants to be, but I do not have a proverbial road map or starting point.

The main focus of my company is a service provided to businesses to be used as a training resource to provide their customer base with the highest level of quality and positive customer experiences.

I look forward to any ideas or direction.

T.Keppler