Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectExpanding business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1663&mesg_id=1663
1663, Expanding business
Posted by jmharmony, Mon Sep-17-07 03:43 PM

Harmony

Hello,

I am presently working my business, maybe 45%, I also have another job. This job takes up most of my time, and also takes up a lot of energy. It mostly involves traveling out of state, I drive a truck long ours and sometimes have to spend maybe a week away from home. I have been considering to quit this job, and to concentrate on my own business. My vendor for the vege business, has now given me 3months credit, I have been with my business for at least 2years now. I have steady customers, and so the business maintains itself. Do you think I should quit my job, and just concentrate on my business? I have a good feeling about the business, but of course I would have to really hustle to find more clients. In my business I deal with Restaurants and Groceries and some homes, I deliver direct to them.
This is an opportunity, that might be good for me in expanding the business. I have a client who has a restaurant in a very upscale area, here in Miami Beach. I could never afford such a location. He has a restaurant located there, which is fairly large. He is doing fairly well , serving Indian food vegetarian. But there is another section to the restaurant, that is not doing as well. I would like to get involved in this section of the restaurant, as a partner, or so. I would be able to provide the main products, which I wholesale already, and have a good quantity in stock. My question is. How should I approach, the owner, who is fairly considerate , and has offered me once to get involved with him in the restaurant. How could I make a good profit? I could provide the products, then I would need a chef, and a waittres, and of course I would have to spend time there, to make sure everything goes well. What are the overhead that I should take on, eventhoug I do not have a lot of capital to offer. I just need some advise on how to approach this situation, which I feel can be a great investment.