Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectWomen Empowerment and More
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1495&mesg_id=1495
1495, Women Empowerment and More
Posted by Mek, Thu Aug-02-07 04:16 PM
Hello,

I'm looking to start a women's empowerment group that will help women (and eventually men) to feel good about themselves. It will also encourage women and provide a supportive community where you can meet new people and make friends from all over the world giving you and your family the chance to be exposed to other cultures and various issues for example health and losing weight. A lot of women get so discouraged because they are not losing weight like they want to. My group will help them to be encouraged and to let them know they're not alone because we have people who are positive thinking and very supportive in the areas of health, business, personal growth etc.

I want this to become a nice little business but how can I make money or will it be better to try to become a nonprofit organization? Eventually I will need money to buy motivational items for the group members and to provide various charity type things for the homeless, battered women, group members who are in financial distress etc. First of all, does this sound like a good group? If so,what are the best ways to get people to join in?

Thanks,

Mek
Trying to do something positive
to help myself while helping others