Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Best area to target in smaller community
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1494&mesg_id=1611
1611, RE: Best area to target in smaller community
Posted by deech, Sun Sep-02-07 02:50 PM
It may be different in your town, but in my community of 1,800, people generally treat their pets very poorly. Take a close look at your community. If people chain up their dogs outside or let them run free, catering to the pet market may not be the best idea.

I have recently started a business that sources promotional products, trophies and apparel for customers. All you really need for this is some basic desktop publishing skills and good internet research skills. Last week, I laid out a business card size magnet, found a dirt cheap price on the internet and ordered 7,500 of these for a customer. The customer would have paid their last supplier $.28 per unit. I was able to source these for a dime and charge a quarter for a cool $1,100 profit!

This was a pretty big customer in the neighboring town of 25,000....a non-profit that does a lot of promo throughout the year. But, think about all of the potential customers you have right there...school, Boy Scouts, PTO, civic groups, Little League, churches, etc. Start in your town, then all the surrounding towns.

Good luck with whatever you decide to undertake!