Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectBest area to target in smaller community
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1494&mesg_id=1494
1494, Best area to target in smaller community
Posted by findingdetails, Sun Sep-09-07 08:05 PM
I am still trying to finalize a decision on which business is the right one to go into.

Here are a couple of key points that factor into my decision.
1. I need a business that fits the needs and the market of a small rural community.
2. I need a business that offers a minimal investment, I do not have a lot of additional income to spare
3. I need a business that will yeild profits in a short time, doing it supplementally on the side would not be feasible, I am in a dire situation and I need to do something to generate income and jobs in my area are very very difficult to find.

I have gone back and forth about providing business support services in area businesses, however, with the economy the way it is I question how much business I will actually be able to obtain.

I have also thought about going in to the pet industry. I have breed dogs in the past and would like to do more of this, however, this will take a year or two in order to have dogs of proper breeding age and actually it is something I just want to do as a supplemental income and my kids can help with it as well. But I have considered doing either a doggie day care, pet sitting, baking dog treats, or selling unique items for pets.

People will spend money on their kids, their pets, and in order to save time. Does anyone have any other suggestions that would be good ideas that I may not have already thought of, if so please let me know. Living in the small rural area is what worries me, but moving is not an option right now.

Thanks,
Tam:o