Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectWhere do I begin?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1472
1472, Where do I begin?
Posted by Marion, Sun Jul-29-07 09:15 AM
I want to sell a clothing product and it is based somewhat on the eye masks that we use for sleeping when we want to keep the light out. These eye masks have unique designs on them and that is the part my product would use as well. I would not be copying these eye masks.

The product I want to sell is already being sold but I would be selling it with designs on it. The eye masks that became a fad were unique because they had designs on them. I am hoping to start a fad that keeps on selling.

What steps do I need to take? Can my idea can be copyrighted or patented? Where do I begin?
1473, RE: Where do I begin?
Posted by hostingdiva, Sun Jul-29-07 03:45 PM
You can copyright the designs but your idea is not patentable because it doesn't qualify for a patent.

Would you be buying the eye masks and then decoratig them? How much would these cost? Can you get them wholesale?

Have you done any market research to see if anyone would be interested in purchasing these masks?

I think that you first need to figure out if people would want your item, then figure out your budget, basically - fill out a business plan. You probably don't need to actually fill it out, but look at the questions and those will guide you on how to start :-)

Good luck!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~