Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: magazine idea
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1382&mesg_id=1423
1423, RE: magazine idea
Posted by corrieann67, Sat Jul-14-07 05:20 PM
Printed mags are tough these days, especially with your target audience. They want information now and readily available (think blog, instant message, etc.). I'd suggest that you start a blog that allows you publish an ezine (electronic newsletter) from it. I've published many an ezine and highly recommend the information offered by Alexandria Brown (ezinequeen.com).

Also, to learn about blogging and a good example of a newsletter publsihed using blog, check out debbieweil.com. If you sign up for her WordBiz Report ezine you will see a good example of how blogs are used in this capacity. Also, blogs allow you to offer an RSS feed (think automatice update to your audience if they sign up for your feed). Another great blogging info site is andywibbels.com. Andy is an expert blogging (gains awards for his blog for past two years) and wrote a great book (I bough five copies) called Blog Wild! I've also used his Easy Bake Blog info produce to start blogs for myself and others.

Keep exploring new ways of reaching your audience. Talk to them, find out how they want to get their info, and ask how that works. They'll tell you. Good luck!