Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Travel help services
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1363&mesg_id=1366
1366, RE: Travel help services
Posted by DBeavers, Fri Jun-29-07 06:39 AM
Justin,

If you are talking about a business, some companies will pay you a commission, but others have cut them drastically or eliminated them altogether.

That leaves you in a position of making little or no money on part of your services. From what I understand from one of my travel customers, they do best with booking cruises and group travel, where they can put together the the entire package.

If people primarily want airline tickets, you'll have to add something commissionable or be doing the work for no income. The other alternative is to schedule airline tickets for a fee, for those clients who use you primarily for that service.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Dennis Bevers

P.S. I schedule 100% of my travel, airlines, hotels, rental cars, and get calls from family to inquire what services I use to find better rates.

I'm using hotwire.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, priorityclub.com, and choicehotels.com. I could join other hotel reservation systems, but these work for me almost 100% of the time.