Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Travel help services
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1363&mesg_id=1364
1364, RE: Travel help services
Posted by CurtisD, Fri Jun-29-07 06:11 AM
Hi Justin,

The thought alone of wanting to do this is great! This exactly what entrepreneurship is- taking an idea/seeing an opportunity and running with it. That being said, congratulations on taking the first steps!

I see your service as being a legitimate business you could run with low start up cost and a good potential upside.

Some things you need to think about:

1) Who is your target market? I would personally think older baby boomers and new retirees would be a good fit. These are people that enjoy traveling but may not know enough about the internet to use or trust expedia....and plus having that human communication when booking something like a trip is always comforting.

2) What are you going to be doing for your customers? Are you going to help them find attractions and organize their trip, or are you only going to find airfare for them?

3) Where do you envision this business taking you? Is this something you're only looking at doing part time to create a bit of additional income? Or are you serious enough about this to get it going full time? Either is fine, but you need to have a clear vision in order to be able to work towards your goals.

4)What kind of budget do you have for marketing and what do you know about marketing? Of course you would need a website, but some ideas as to what you could start with would be flyers or small display ads in newspapers. Also asking your friends and family for referrals would be a good place to start. If you are willing to put enough into this, you could hire a copywriter like myself or my business partner (www.smallbusinesscopywriter.com), we guarantee our work do what needs to get done to ensure you see the results you are looking for. You could purchase one of our home study courses and take the time yourself to learn what works and what doesn't, and how effective marketing is all about testing and tracking results so that you can keep doing whats working and stop doing what's not.

These are just some thoughts for now, hope everything goes well for you. You have something viable here, the only thing that can stop you from succeeding with it is you.

All the best,
Curtis

Discover the 95 year Old System
That Ignites Entrepreneurs Incomes
and Creates Customer Stampedes
Unlike Anything You?ve Seen Before?
http://www.TheWealthSummit.com