Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: HR Services
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1358&mesg_id=1378
1378, RE: HR Services
Posted by findingdetails, Mon Jul-02-07 04:27 AM
Curtis,

I do not have a HR degree if that is what you are asking. I have an Associates Degree in Business Managment and I have taken HR related courses. In addition I have been managment position in which I have been involved in the process of interviewing and screening applicants. I worked for an agency that had a very rigorous screening process that involved reviewing resumes, conducting phone interviews, reference checks, criminal background checks, health license verification and a serious of one on one interviews and the completion of an extensive employee file that was to be 100% complete prior to the employee starting. While working there a lot of time and money was wasted by the agency by my supervisor delegating these tasks to various co-op students and other employees not qualified for the task thus resulting in excessive turn over and lose of good applicants by improper follow thru. This was a health care related industry which required more extensive employee files for particular positions.

I felt that having seen the what to do and what not to do of this area I could be a great help. I am a pretty good judge of character and I would meet with prospective employers to gather and compile specifics of what they are looking for in an employee in order to narrow the scope of applicants to suit their needs. I would research and develop of resume critiquing system with perhaps a checklist and develop standardized questions to perform in telephone and one and one interviews in addition to incorporating specific questions pertaining to the position or that the employer may wish I ask. I would allow the potential employer to determine their level of involvement of the hiring process. I could prescreen to the top 3 viable candidates and then leave the final decision and final interview up to the potential employer if they so desired. I am just looking to make this process less cumbersome and more effecient for businesses that do not have the extra time to do this.

I am familar with health care and that is a large market in my area that I could tailor to, but I would be willing to assist in other markets as well. I would need to meet with prospective business owners to determine their needs and to determine that I could help them meet those needs prior to taking a assignment.

As far as just hiring an extra secretary for it I do not believe is the answer. Because again, how is that person qualified to assist with this matter. And again, there would be a process of hiring that secretary to do this job to find an applicant. I am eliminating additional HR costs to business who can hire me on a per diem basis when the need arises for additional HR assistance for hiring, evaluations by a neutral party, researching benefits information for employers, ensuring employee files are complete and reviewing for updates when needed, and completing any additional paperwork that may be required.

I have also reviewed the state licensing requirements and there is no licensing required for this business in my state if the employer is paying me to find staffing for their agency. However, if I were to charging employee's to find employment then I would be required to be licensed.

I have thought about this and I am not looking to be the expert upon all experts on this matter, but rather looking to be of assistance to busy professionals to help them expedite the process and still find quality staff who will stand the test of time and provide the skills that they require for the position. In addition, I will gain more knowledge along the way through reviewing information pertaining to what I am planning on doing and continuing my education as needed to become more of an "expert" in this field.

Thank you for your input.

Tam