Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectHR Services
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1358&mesg_id=1358
1358, HR Services
Posted by findingdetails, Wed Jun-27-07 02:59 AM
I have been posting here looking for feedback recently and I have received several good responses. I have been looking into my service business idea that I have been wanting to start and it came to me that I need to perhaps specialize a little more.

Here is my idea, please tell me what you think. In the area which I live there are a tremendous amount of people looking for employment. When an employer places an ad, they receive tons and tons of applicants (overqualified, underqualified, you name it). With this trend there is a lot of time and money invested by the employer seeking the right candidate. I thought perhaps if I created a service business that would go throught the application collection process for the employer (such as posting the position, collected the resumes at a neutral P.O. Box, sorting and critiquing the applicant resumes, conducting phone interviews, checking references and employment history, and meeting with applicants and submitting a report to prospective employers. I believe this is a service that would eliminate a lot of the leg work for employers and find them the best possible candidates for the job.

In addition to this I thought perhaps I would also be able to offer a service of completing new employee files prior to employees starting their new jobs, ensure all the necessary paperwork is complete and in their employee files prior to them starting work, I would also be willing to go through an orientation process with new employess as well if needed. I think these are tedious items that would save employers a tremendous amount of time if they outsourced them. I could also do additional employee file reviews and updates periodically.

Does this sound like an idea employers would pay for. I know it is a long and costly process and it takes away from the day to day productivity of running a business. So if it could be outsourced I think it would be of great benefit to employers. I also have familiarity with the medical field and I think this would be great to offer them because their are additional license and security checks that must be complete prior to employment in order for business to be compliant, if medical professionals are audited by the government and the employee's file is not in order prior to employement it can lead to a fine or worse.