Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectPurchasing Merchandise Help...
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=129&mesg_id=129
129, Purchasing Merchandise Help...
Posted by Gigi, Thu Sep-07-06 07:32 AM
Greetings!
First and foremost I want to say I am so pleased to have found this web site. It seems very helpful and I look forward to hearing the great feedback everyone has to offer.
I just completed a small business course and have a business plan in place. I work full-time and would like to start an on line boutique. My long term goal is to purchase/lease retail space and open a store in the small city of Hartford, Connecticut.
I have a notebook filled with research and have an idea of what I want for my small business. To be specific, I am looking to target a young working professional and trendy customer. I am now working on my web site and marketing strategy and that should be completed within the next month.
My problem is that I am unable to find a distributor or wholesaler that offers trendy fashion apparel. So for the boutiques out there, where do you get your merchandise from? I have looked at several trade shows as I am in New England and near Boston and New York, however, I have never been to one and have no idea on what to expect or to bring. I don't feel confident ordering merchandise on line as most companies seem vague to me. I am looking to start with a small investment and any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I may be emailed directly at gigimacci@yahoo.com. Thank you again!