Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectFinding the right business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1225&mesg_id=1225
1225, Finding the right business
Posted by findingdetails, Wed May-30-07 03:28 AM
I have been considering starting up my own business for a long time, the biggest obstacle I seem to face is figuring out what the right niche or business is for me. I am currently working in a job that has me floundering paycheck to paycheck and I am looking for an opportunity that allows me to get a head of the game, unfortunately with financial family obligations I have little or no extra income to contribute to a start up in addition to living in a small rural community I feel like my options are limited. I want to be sure I am pursuing the right opportunity for myself and my family.

I have worked in a variety of different office settings and I do believe an environment outside of my home would be the best given I have 3 small children at home. I have tossed around the idea of coffee/tea sales and or parties, a specialty shoppe, wedding or event planner, and medical billing (perhaps specializing in one or two target markets). I have experience with some medical billing a coding and I have worked with the public for as long as I can remember. Ideally I would love to have some type of retail store or shoppe, but finacially that is not feasible at the moment. I would love to have some additional ideas or suggestions for the "small town country girl in rural michigan". Please any suggestions would be welcome, I am ready to do something but I want to ensure the choice I make is the best one and if any one can offer me an idea I have not considered I would be very appreciative.
Thank you :7