Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Cleaning service
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1164&mesg_id=1177
1177, RE: Cleaning service
Posted by lewgard08, Wed May-16-07 06:08 AM
Hi jk1241,

No, I worked in acounting for a home builder. Part of my job consisted of comparing the contracted quotes to the actual expense, working closly with the contracting/purchasing dept. Even though the home building industry has slowed, they still have their models and specs. cleaned weekly.

My suggestion would be to either contact the Purchasing Dept. of home builders in your area and send them a quote, outlining the service you would provide (window cleaning (very important), vacuuming, carpet cleaning where necessary, clean-up of debris left over from recent construction of a spec. home...) or personally introduce yourself to the Sales Rep., who will typically have an office in the the model home, and provide him/her with a brochure or post card of your service. The Purchasing Department heads really do listen to the Sales Reps as the Sales Reps are the ones who see the models & specs. every day. They expect a good company to do the job to their expectations. After all, first impressions are lasting.

Many newly constructed single-family developments have at least two spec homes and a model. Condominium developments have several spec "units" and a model. This could really add-up. I wish you the best of luck!

KLewis
www.ewomanweb.com
Resources for women who want to start a home based business.