Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectCleaning Service Business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1138
1138, Cleaning Service Business
Posted by leapoffaith34, Mon May-07-07 10:25 AM
I am looking to open up a Cleaning Service.However I am having difficulties finding out how to charge. How to drum up my first customer and also what is the formula for calculating the rate. I am also interested in doing business with State Government. Can anyone provided any ideas. My business is to open up June 19, 2007. Thanks
1141, RE: Cleaning Service Business
Posted by allie, Mon May-07-07 03:49 PM
Well, you're really getting close to opening day.

I have a business that offers a cost effecient alternative to reupholstery. We do repairs on fabric, vinyl and leather. We also do windshield repairs and custom graphics.

I did a Market Survey.
You have to be very careful how you ask the questions but it is a very effective marketing tool as well as information obtainer.

You would send out about 200 surveys, on the surveys I asked questions like:

1. Do you presently use a repair company?
2. If yes, what do you presently pay for the services?
Giving options (i.e). $35-$40.00 $40.00- $55.00, etc.
If they do have a company they use you can ask if they are presently happy with the service company they use on a scale of 1-10.. giving
options. And, you can ask if they would consider trying your services.
This really is a great tool and I believe that every business should do this research.It can save you alot of time. They say you should spend 80% of your energy on 20% of your target market. Which means.. don't waste energy on trying to get business from someone that is happy with their present service. This is also a very good way to find out what to charge. You could do the survey and have a coupon attached offering a discount on trying your services, or a discount for completing the survey. My target market was the commercial automotive industry. I'm not sure of your target market. Are you trying to get private home cleaning or commercial buildings?
Insurance is definetely a big MUST.
Good luck!
www.superiortouchrestoration.com
"We fix like magic"
4170, RE: Cleaning Service Business
Posted by Gwen, Mon Feb-08-10 07:09 AM
>I am looking to open up a Cleaning Service.However I am
>having difficulties finding out how to charge. How to drum up
>my first customer and also what is the formula for calculating
>the rate. I am also interested in doing business with State
>Government. Can anyone provided any ideas. My business is to
>open up June 19, 2007. Thanks

I found your post on starting a cleaning service business in June 2007. How is your business going? I wanted to tell you about the MaidDocs website. There's lots of free information on marketing, starting and growing your cleaning business. Also, you can purchase and download any documents you need.

Visit http://www.MaidDocs.com

Best Wishes,

Gwen