Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectNew Biz Idea - Need help finding my niche!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1119&mesg_id=1119
1119, New Biz Idea - Need help finding my niche!
Posted by tmaculate1, Tue May-01-07 02:06 PM
I've been coming back and forth to this website for many years now and I must say that it is one of, if not, the most insightful sites available on the web for people with start-up ideas. A big thank you to everyone on here who takes the time to read every post and offer outstanding advice to those of us looking for a little guidance in entrepreneurialship (is that a word?).

Anyhow, I work as an IT Technician and I make a good income so I'm not looking to leave my 9-5 any time soon. I do a lot of graphical work on the side as a hobby, making logos, banners, and various other graphical images for random people I run into. I use imaging software such as Photoshop and Illustrator exclusively, while trying my hand at Flash and Dreamweaver.

I've never charged anyone for my work and since I keep getting more and more requests for projects, I feel that it is time for me to start my own little side biz in doing what I love.

OK, now that all of that is out of the way, here is my dilemma, if you will. I plan on purchasing a very nice (and pricey) digital camera within the next 2-3 weeks. Not only do I want to create logos and "special ocassion" images, I also want to use my photoshop skills to create different effects with high quality photos. Some photographers take pics of weddings, senior portraits, etc. but I want to have a service that can create great effects with pictures worthy enough for people to purchase photo sessions, etc. This link may better explain what type of effects I can do http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17249347/?qo=67&q=beautiful&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5

My question is, do I advertise as a logo or photography service or both? Is there anything in between i can sell my services as? I need help finding my niche! Thanks for listening everyone.

Travis