Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectwill my home efficiency bussiness work
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1062
1062, will my home efficiency bussiness work
Posted by justbud38134, Fri Apr-20-07 09:03 AM
I have an idea to use products and service techniques that I have proven in my own home to cut other peoples utility bills a great deal. Do you think my idea is marketable. I have something that affects practically every energy using device in the home to some degree. All have been proven in my own home to be effective.
1063, RE: will my home efficiency bussiness work
Posted by Brian_Va, Fri Apr-20-07 10:13 PM
I'm very interested in hearing about you have. I work in property management as an operating engineer for large commercial buildings. We are always looking for news way to cut kw use.
1064, RE: will my home efficiency bussiness work
Posted by itaxback, Sat Apr-21-07 02:40 PM
I am interested in what you have as well. With the current energy market ($ alwasy going up), I think you might have a very good opportunity on your hands!

Regards,
KC
1065, RE: will my home efficiency bussiness work
Posted by Pepperfire, Sun Apr-22-07 06:28 AM
On the face, it sounds like a winner. I would find a way to target businesses as well. Given the way legislation is going ALL businesses are going to be held just a little more accountable than individuals when it comes to decreasing energy consumption.

From what I see here, you have three customers interested in hearing more. Do yourself the favour and make it happen. Start with a business plan, and when you're ready to test market, call me too.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
1096, RE: will my home efficiency bussiness work
Posted by Strategist, Sun Apr-29-07 09:58 PM
Whatever you have, sounds like you can market it well... since you've told a us about it and a few people want to know more.

First thing I'd do is create a business and marketing plan. Also an ideal client profile.

If you haven't been in business before, go take some business classes at your local SBA or College. And read the book the Emyth Revisited

1149, RE: will my home efficiency bussiness work
Posted by MiaRB, Tue May-08-07 09:19 AM
I'm eager to hear what it is that you have.
With today´s prices at the energy market
I am looking for new ways to cut kw use.

1224, RE: will my home efficiency bussiness work
Posted by virtualwhispers, Tue May-29-07 06:05 PM
This sounds like a great idea to me. I would also love
to know how you are doing this, I think everyone would.

Real world businesses you can start for under $50.
Step-by-step instructions to start quickly and for
the least amount of money.
http://makemoneyalert.com/ccaff/ccwslesley.html
1426, RE: will my home efficiency bussiness work
Posted by corrieann67, Sat Jul-14-07 05:50 PM
Sounds like you plan on offering to do individual consulting with homeowners. Great idea; however, don't stop there. Obviously, these clients would be local to you. Publish an ezine and you'll see your list build with clients all over the place. Your ezine (or blog for that matter) would offer basic tips, etc. You could also create a 7 part ecourse and have your subscribers sign up for that. This would all lead to an information product that you create with all the info and tips that you can offer your clients. This way, your audience is wider than just the local people in your area.

Hope that helps...look forward to hearing more.
Corrie
1429, RE: will my home efficiency bussiness work
Posted by tamaralyster, Mon Jul-16-07 12:48 PM
In this day and age most people are becoming far more energy concious. Not just financially but environmentally aswell. Can your product be marketed as a environmentally friendly option? How exactly does it benefit homeowners? If you can prove your product will be beneficial for consumers then yes, I do think you have a marketable product.

It certainly sounds very intriquing but may I suggest you get some professional product testing done outside of your home. Make sure the results you saw within your own home will be just as effective in other environments.

Good luck with your business idea.

Tamara Lyster Online
www.tamaralyster.net
A marketing concept for businesses focussed on health, wellness, personal development and human growth.

-Strategic Brand Development
-High Impact Business Writing
-OnDemand "Cost-Per-Query" Marketing