Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectLocal type of business idea
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=1056&mesg_id=1056
1056, Local type of business idea
Posted by dlknight, Wed Apr-18-07 11:30 AM
Not sure if anyone is doing this or not but, I would like some feedback.

I would like to charge local restaurants to advertise on a website. With this I would encourage them to include a coupon for like a month at a time.

I would ask users of the website send in reviews of the restaurants that they have eaten at. I guess I could give each restaurant a rating per reviews sent in.

I would try and get the restaurant managers to get their employees to ask each customer if they have a coupon from the such and such website. If not they could direct them to use it in the future to print coupons.

I could further extend this as a community newsletter and ask for other local businesses to advertise and as well have a rating system for each type of business so if you are looking for a plumber you can select the one with the best rating, as well as any business could include a coupon with their ad. I would think somewhere around $25 a month to advertise.

I haven't checked what the phone book charges to advertise but I will say that anymore I myself go to the internet and try to find the business. I hate pulling out that phone book anymore.

As a newsletter I could have local businesses offer to write articles, not about them but like a local lawn care business might write an article about getting rid of crab grass or whatever. The person writing it could not say anything about his or her business but at the end of the article it would have the writers name and what company he owns or works for.