Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Feedback please of my website idea
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4364&mesg_id=4371
4371, RE: Feedback please of my website idea
Posted by DeniseTaylor, Tue Jun-08-10 05:42 AM
Hi There

I don't think this is a stupid idea, because I'm sure a lot of people will want to know the information you plan on providing. However, there are many reasons why I think this idea will be difficult for you to make viable.

1. I looked at your site and while your design is cute, there is not much content. Without content, there is nothing to set you apart from other sites on the Net and therefore, you will probably receive very little traffic.

2. The industry you are embarking upon is one of the most competitive industries in the world right now. You are a small fish in a very big pond and it will be quite difficult to vie for the attention of the people you need to help you develop your site.

3. The reason people don't talk about "if you have 1000 visits a day you will make about x amount using adsense, linkshare, etc etc." is because it is impossible to evaluate traffic that way.

Some site concepts are naturally higher paying, and conversely, some are low paying. So some rely on traffic to make the numbers, while others are very profitable from the outset.

The trick with any online business is getting traffic, then converting that traffic to income. To be very specific, the process is called CTPM (Content->Traffic->Presell->Monetize). Read the ebook at http://ctpm.sitsell.com for free. That will spell out exactly what I'm trying to tell you.

Now you could just leave what you have and see what happens. I suggest you create a site based on something you are passionate about or know a lot about. I think you'll find that much more rewarding and profitable.

Sorry if this comes across as gloomy, but having three e-businesses of my own, I'm shooting straight from the hip.