Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameWorking at Home
Topic subjectWhere to get small side jobs to do
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=800
800, Where to get small side jobs to do
Posted by Mary_H_, Wed Feb-29-12 06:03 AM
I am spending my time learning how to run a business. We are starting one but everything takes time. I need to find home jobs like assembly to do to earn income but am not sure about the at home jobs on internet. What ideas do people suggest? I can do more than one thing, a little here and there is ok.
805, RE: Where to get small side jobs to do
Posted by DBeavers, Thu Mar-08-12 10:37 AM
Unless you are doing the "home assembly" for a local business, you may find yourself on the short end of a very common scam.

Searching the internet for home assembly may open your inbox for lots of potential scams. It doesn't matter whether you look at soldering electronic components or sewing crafts, stuffed animals, or dolls, those have all been common products that scammers have used to fleece hopeful workers out of money for a sample test package.

Typing jobs may be found through eLance.com where the site collects a fee for each job you find through them. Plenty of potential opportunities for one-time typing - not sure about any for long-term applications.

You might do better with some home-based selling, with the prospect of actually making some face-to-face sales calls from appointments you set from home.

That's someone of a description of the business I started 27 years ago, selling custom-printed promotional advertising (Ex: ink pens, coffee mugs, golf balls, shirts, caps, jackets, and more with customer's name/logo on them). If you are in a medium to larger size city, there could be a lot of potential for growth there, that could lead to a permanent business.

If interested in looking into the promotional advertising sales I can help you.

Or you can check out this link to a checklist to evaluate virtually any business opportunity - www.CuttingEdgeAdvertising.com/Perfect.htm

Hope this helps.

Dennis Bevers