Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameWorking at Home
Topic subjectRE: HOME BASED BIZ ?'S
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=75&mesg_id=245
245, RE: HOME BASED BIZ ?'S
Posted by vwd, Thu Jan-03-08 08:51 PM
Hello,

You have a great business idea. Definately get with your local county clerk about running the bakery from your home, I'm sure those experienced in this market that posted reference the commercial kitchen are correct, of course a basement with an installed kitchen for the sole purpose of baking for your business is commercial to me :-)

Anyway, as far as the business aspect is concerned:

1. Register your business with your county clerk, ask them about the business license and anything else needed. I know where I'm at you have to register with the county clerk and also go to a bank and register there for the city portion.

2. You don't have to get a business bank account right away especially starting out, just have a good accounting program to keep up with the profits and business expenses because you will now be filing takes at city, state, and federal most likely using your SSN as the tax ID.

3. Sounds like you are doing local deliveries but a website is a must, you can even accept payment via PayPal. You definately need a quote form for your website. There are many opensource (free) solutions out there for your website. Look in to Joomla and osCommerce for your website software.

4. I'm military myself, actually active duty and run two successful businesses on the side, at least in my mind they are successful.