Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameWorking at Home
Topic subjectSelling Kitchen Goods
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=417
417, Selling Kitchen Goods
Posted by crazy8, Tue Sep-16-08 06:37 AM
My best friend and I are starting a pretty good sized pepper garden. I came up with the idea of trying to make my own hot sauce, for my own consumption. Well this has now turned into both of us together creating a hot sauce to possibly sell, this would also include salsa. Well after some looking around I have come across a mess of legal stuff and just trying to figure out what to do. So here is the idea. We want to sell it but we don't want to start an official business or anything. But how can we be allowed to sell our wares from his home kitchen here in Minnesota?
What do we need?
What important things should we know/do?
His aunt owns a small antique shop and we just thought of selling it there. If someone were to get sick from a "bad batch" (or other reason) how would/could we be protected?
Is there a way to do this, make a little side money, not be a full blown "business", but yet be allowed to do this?
Can we get a license in Minnesota to sell goods baked from either of our kitchens like you can in some states?

Is there a source for me to get answers to questions like these and others that I may have? The last thing we need is a lawsuit even though we have nothing to be taken anyway.

Thanks alot for the help