Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameWorking at Home
Topic subjectReally wanting to network, but not sure how...
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=341
341, Really wanting to network, but not sure how...
Posted by wendi4xstitch, Fri May-09-08 06:12 AM
HI. I'm Wendi and I'm working on starting my own counted cross stitch design biz.

I'd really like to find other biz owners that would give me some feedback on my ideas.

I have posted some of my designs on my blog, so feel free to visit and leave me a comment. :-D

http://www.wendi4xstitch.wordpress.com

Thanks in advance.
344, RE: Really wanting to network, but not sure how...
Posted by Cam, Tue May-13-08 06:08 AM
Hi there,

I own my own baby boutique and I am in the networking phase myself. I have joined an online community...www.divapreneur.ning.com. It is a social networking site with women who are entrepreneurs. You can find alot of information and meet alot of women who are also starting or running their own businesses.

Have you thought about how you are going to sell your products? Online, through trade shows?

Cameo Hoey
Sweetie Pie Baby Boutique
www.sweetiepiebaby.com
cameo@sweetiepiebaby.com

345, RE: Really wanting to network, but not sure how...
Posted by wendi4xstitch, Tue May-13-08 07:30 AM
I am planning to sell mostly online once I get some examples stitched.

Thanks for the network site. I'll look at it today.

Wendi Coats
Coat Closet Designs
coats97@msn.com
346, RE: Really wanting to network, but not sure how...
Posted by Cam, Tue May-13-08 07:51 AM
Okay,

Well I definitely suggest visiting www.merchantmoms.com. That's where I started. They have a very reasonable hosting price and a wonderful support system. I think you should focus on getting a couple of designs together and then work on developing your website. After you have all that together, network, network, network!!!
349, RE: Really wanting to network, but not sure how...
Posted by onerockinnurse, Sun May-18-08 07:20 AM
Hi Cameo,

Just wanted to thank you for sharing this link here www.divapreneur.ning.com I hadn't heard of that one yet but when I try to go it it, it appears to be a broken link. Could you please re-check the spelling in the link you have here and see if anything might need to be changed.

Looking forward to visiting it. thanks, jana :)
351, RE: Really wanting to network, but not sure how...
Posted by Cam, Sun May-18-08 03:20 PM
Hi,

Im not really sure why it isn't working. When I click the link above it takes me to the homepage. Maybe try it without the www? Or you can do a search in google and it should come up that way too.

Let me know what happens.
348, RE: Really wanting to network, but not sure how...
Posted by onerockinnurse, Sun May-18-08 07:18 AM
Hi Wendi and Welcome!

First let me start by saying that I love your signature on your Biz Card here "Your cure for complusive crafting disorder aka cross stitch?. Very catchy....

Took a peak at your Wordpress site and it's very nice.. Would love to see some more pics of your work.... From the work that I have seen your very, very good. My Aunt and God Mother is a whiz like you at cross-stitch and she has created some beautiful things over the years especially the wedding gift of our wedding date for me an my husband nearly 10 years ago.

Keep up the great work and see ya soon, jana :)
350, RE: Really wanting to network, but not sure how...
Posted by wendi4xstitch, Sun May-18-08 02:14 PM
Thanks for the lovely compliments.

I'm working on getting some more patterns posted. They just take me some time. :-D

Thanks again,
Wendi

>Hi Wendi and Welcome!
>
>First let me start by saying that I love your signature on
>your Biz Card here "Your cure for complusive crafting
>disorder aka cross stitch?. Very catchy....
>
>Took a peak at your Wordpress site and it's very nice.. Would
>love to see some more pics of your work.... From the work that
>I have seen your very, very good. My Aunt and God Mother is a
>whiz like you at cross-stitch and she has created some
>beautiful things over the years especially the wedding gift of
>our wedding date for me an my husband nearly 10 years ago.
>
>Keep up the great work and see ya soon, jana :)