Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameWorking at Home
Topic subjectRE: Questions about a very NEW business idea?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=336&mesg_id=339
339, RE: Questions about a very NEW business idea?
Posted by nightsky, Wed May-07-08 10:16 AM
Will you be finding your clients or will they be finding you?

If you want to figure out your pricing... just jump in and offer your consultations at a ridiculously low price. This will first of all, get you in the door and will get your some names that will serve as referrals down the road. It will also get some income coming in and you will find out what you can be charging as you are already in there helping your clients.

An example. Years ago, when I started painting murals (www.NightSkyMurals.com) for people, I offered to paint a ceiling for $30. That covered part of my costs. Then, as I saw what different ceilings would need as far as time to paint and other factors involved... I started adjusting my pricing. Now, for that ceiling that I used to charge $30 for... I now charge about $500. But, I had to put in the time to get in there and get my hands dirty and just start doing it.

So... just jump in and see where it takes you. You will find out much quicker by actually working with your customers... rather than wondering what to charge.

Good luck!

Jeff S.
www.NightSkyMurals.com (the product)
www.DarkSkyMurals.biz (the bus. opportunity)