Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameWorking at Home
Topic subjectQuestions about a very NEW business idea?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=336&mesg_id=336
336, Questions about a very NEW business idea?
Posted by HaloEcho, Sun May-04-08 08:37 PM
I have an idea for a type of consulting business that is very new. (hope it's OK to not be specific here as to what the business is) Anyway, I tried searching for a business in my major metro area that is even close to comparable, but didn't find anything until many hours of researching my idea. And even then I was only able to find 4 anywhere in my area (and they were not easy to find). Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody else has had this issue. What I'm discovering is that it's hard to determine prices, and even determine what to use as a selling point. This isn't something that you can get a degree in, and though there are some certification programs for various services in this business, many aspects will have to be self-taught. How do I promote this? I have almost nobody to compare myself to in terms of what I should be doing for this business. Though it's nice to have such limited competition, it's actually a bit of challenge. BTW, I live in the Denver area, just so you understand that it's a pretty large area. Just curious if anybody else has had this issue and if you have any tips or ideas. I didn't know which board to post this on, so it might appear on a couple.

Thank you so much in advance for reading and any help you can give! I hope this post makes sense...basically if you wanted to start a business teaching people how to pat their head & rub their tummy at the same time (that's not my business idea, so if you want to take it it's yours), how would you express your qualifications, and how would you set it up if there were no other similar businesses to compare with??

Thank you
Angel :9