Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameWorking at Home
Topic subjectSew At Home
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=261
261, Sew At Home
Posted by sandyjtan, Thu Feb-21-08 04:07 PM
I'm currently sew for a Yoga Bag company and looking for more opportunities to sew more stuffs while taking care of two girls at home. I'm sewing yoga mat bags, children clothes, alterations... I have a computerized sewing machine and a serger. Please email me, thank you.
Sandy
272, RE: Sew At Home
Posted by Roseb441702, Fri Mar-07-08 06:47 PM
>I'm currently sew for a Yoga Bag company and looking for more
>opportunities to sew more stuffs while taking care of two
>girls at home. I'm sewing yoga mat bags, children clothes,
>alterations... I have a computerized sewing machine and a
>serger. Please email me, thank you.
>Sandy

Do you have a website where you can show some of your work? It sounds as though you could start an alterations-type business in your home. Do some local advertising, put up flyers and such and see how much business comes your way.

278, RE: Sew At Home
Posted by salted, Mon Mar-10-08 07:04 AM
>>I'm currently sew for a Yoga Bag company and looking for
>more
>>opportunities to sew more stuffs while taking care of two
>>girls at home. I'm sewing yoga mat bags, children
>clothes,
>>alterations... I have a computerized sewing machine and a
>>serger. Please email me, thank you.
>>Sandy
>
>Do you have a website where you can show some of your work?
>It sounds as though you could start an alterations-type
>business in your home. Do some local advertising, put up
>flyers and such and see how much business comes your way.
>
>

I was going to ask the same thing about whether you have a website or not. If you do, that would be very beneficial because then you could point people there to see examples. It's a little hard to commit to a seamstress without seeing their work first. If you do have a website, then from there you could do alot with marketing.
277, RE: Sew At Home
Posted by jswank02, Mon Mar-10-08 05:01 AM
Sandy,

Contact me at info@jswank.com I may be able to help but I need to know particulars such as geographic region etc

Thanks

Joanna Swank
279, RE: Sew At Home
Posted by babyjoy214, Thu Mar-13-08 11:11 AM
I agree.. you should post your work to a website to promote it more..

Goodluck!
340, RE: Sew At Home
Posted by andrew737, Thu May-08-08 04:50 PM
Hello Sandy,
I was wondering if you would be interested in sewing some items for a new business I am starting. My business will be making leotards and competition costumes for dancers, gymnysts, and figure skaters. Since I am just starting up, it would really help to contract out the sewing!

Let me know...

Ann
ann_andrew7@yahoo.com
352, RE: Sew At Home
Posted by Cam, Sun May-18-08 03:24 PM
Hi Sandy,

I own an organic and natural baby boutique. I am actually looking for diaper bags to add to my inventory. But they would have to be made from organic material such as hemp, organic cotton. I would love to see your work and see if we could work something out. If you are interested, e-mail me at cameo@sweetiepiebaby.com

Thanks!
354, RE: Sew At Home
Posted by Kelley, Thu May-29-08 10:31 AM
Hey Sandy,
I have a company that makes custom children's clothes. My business partner and I are eagerly looking for some more seamstresses. We are located in Birmingham, AL. We have 3 seamstresses at this time and they work from their home. Please let me know if you are interested and still looking for more work. My email address is romokelley@aol.com. I would love to see your work and see if we could work together in the future. Check out our website to see if this is something you might want to do - www.doo-dadsanddesigns.com.
Thanks!
Kelley
382, RE: Sew At Home
Posted by Regina, Tue Jul-08-08 05:21 AM
Hello Sandy,

I'm in need of a seamstress to help sew prototypes for my petbed. I need 10 of each size, SM, MED, LRG, ASAP. Can you help me out?
Please email me or call me at 408-981-9171.

Thank you,
Regina
386, RE: Sew At Home
Posted by DeenaEsq, Fri Jul-11-08 12:41 AM
Sandy,

I would suggest trying www.thebabywearer.com in the business section and APBiz.com. All of the vendors make baby carriers and bags, etc. I'm sure you'd have more work than you could handle... LOL!

Deena