Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameWorking at Home
Topic subjectRE: Alternate options for funding
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=153&mesg_id=163
163, RE: Alternate options for funding
Posted by Child-Guard.co, Mon Jun-25-07 02:04 PM
Hi Tam,

Its sounds like you really want to get this idea off the ground,and that's good.

So the first thing is don't give up and don't slow down, the reason i say this is its very hard to keep up any kind of pace when you just can't get the things you need in place.

There are always things that need to be done,while you work in the background so to speak on raising cash.

You of course have been out there gathering infomation,asking the people in your target area questions about the services they need and the sort of price they think is fair.

Also you will be well aware of any possible rival? and so you have got all the basics done and you know for sure that your business is going to be a winner,then and only then do you need to find cash to start up.

On this point Dr J.Schwartz says in his book "The Magic of Thinking Big" that we need to focus on what we have got and not on what we have not!!,the point is its always so hard to get going with little or no cash-flow even harder with a credit history,but we must keep going if we are to succeed.

Do something everyday to build your business,even if its just to tell somebody about it.

Try and get family and friends involved if you can, i would say one of the first things i would do is to get basic flyer printed with your services listed etc,and a phone number(a dedicated line if possible).

Then get them out as fast as you can and then you will see if there is any interest,if you dont get a single call after several weeks you may need to look at what your saying on the flyer or even the design may need a tweak.

But if you do start to get a few calls,you maybe on to something and then you can start to move forward a bit, more advertising etc.

It can take a long time to even get off the starting blocks,but if you really want it so bad that you can't even think of almost anything else!!,you will find a way to make a start and once you do you will be amazed at how little things start to fall in place and before long you are a full-time business owner looking to expand!!

One last point if i may, i would strongly advise you not to give up your job just yet as you will need every bit of spare cash you can find to keep you going and as i said you don't need that much to make a start even if its a basic version of what you want to do.

Sorry to go on!!,hope some of this has been of some help to you.

Best of luck
Jonathan