Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameWorking at Home
Topic subjectAlternate options for funding
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=153&mesg_id=153
153, Alternate options for funding
Posted by findingdetails, Fri Jun-22-07 02:28 AM
Hello,

I have been searching for the ideal business idea and I have longed for years to be my own boss. I think I have a pretty good idea of what I would like to do. It is a service business that would be focusing on the area of being a virtual assistant and/or personal assistant in addition to doing some possible errand services for local people. Because I live in a smaller community I think I need to start with a broad range of services, and then I can pinpoint my best markets from there. I have crunched the numbers and done the figuring and I really want to dive in full force with this once my business plan is complete. However, I am limited on funding and I do not have a lot of funding options do to a less than favorable credit history.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for alternate funding and also if anyone had any ideas for some type of supplemental work I might be able to do in my spare time possibly over the internet to supplement my income if business does not take off as well as I hope it will?

I am currently employed full time currently and I plan to quit my job in order to pursue this. I believe the time I am at work is going to need to be the time I will need to be available to service my clients and I do not want to turn away potential customers due to being unavailable. My current job is also not making the cut. I have no passion for it becuase there is no challenge to it and the time and money I am forking out for child care and travel expenses is not even leaving me enough money to pay my bills. If I stay here I will only sink further into debt and have an even harder time getting ahead so I feel I must pursue forward in order to survive and motivate myself.

If anyone has any funding suggestions for someone with less than favorable credit and minimal to no start up capital to invest I would be greatful. I figure I only need $5000.00 to 10,000.00 to start in order to upgrade some equipment and software and some advertising expenses and a cushion allotment to fall back on if it does not take off as anticipated. I choose a service business because I knew that I would have less to invest to start off.

Please help me find some either at home opportunities to supplement my income or financing sources. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tam,
Getting ready to run with it!