Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameWorking at Home
Topic subjectHelp- Is there a market for these business ideas?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=141
141, Help- Is there a market for these business ideas?
Posted by worthbo, Mon Jun-11-07 02:41 PM

I have two business ideas but I am having trouble trying to find out where do you go to find out market trends to know if there is a market for your business idea. Does anyone know where I should be looking for market trends?

Here are my ideas that I need to know if there is a market for it to work?

#1. Audiobooks (podcast) for kids..to assist and encourage early readers..age 4 - 8 years old. I would record early reader books and make the audio available for download in mp3 format or by order by CD. This one I would need to make sure that recording will not violate some copyright law.

#2. Publish creative solutions that small businesses owners can use to work smarter by saving time or money...

Let me know what you think about these ideas..and is there a market for these ideas?
146, RE: Help- Is there a market for these business ideas?
Posted by Roseb441702, Sun Jun-17-07 03:32 PM
>
>I have two business ideas but I am having trouble trying to
>find out where do you go to find out market trends to know if
>there is a market for your business idea. Does anyone know
>where I should be looking for market trends?
>
>Here are my ideas that I need to know if there is a market for
>it to work?
>
>#1. Audiobooks (podcast) for kids..to assist and encourage
>early readers..age 4 - 8 years old. I would record early
>reader books and make the audio available for download in mp3
>format or by order by CD. This one I would need to make sure
>that recording will not violate some copyright law.
>
>#2. Publish creative solutions that small businesses owners
>can use to work smarter by saving time or money...
>
>
>Let me know what you think about these ideas..and is there a
>market for these ideas?

I think that any idea has potential but there are some things that you are quite right about and most important of that is the issue of copyright. You are going to have to get the copyright's owner's permission to read their work. I love podcasts. I think that they are a good idea and I'm just starting to get my feet wet with one (I should say 2) of my own. Another little "glitch" in your first plan is that you want to be able to have your CD's ordered but you are reading works from others - meaning that you would be profiting from others' works - which is copyright infringement. The way around would be to come up with material of your own or use work that has no copyright or the copyright has run out.

>
155, RE: Help- Is there a market for these business ideas?
Posted by worthbo, Sat Jun-23-07 10:04 AM
Hi Rose,

Thank you for your response you have confirmed my thoughts about copyrighting.

Also do you know where I can go online or offline to find out what are the market trends..so I can get some idea of what is needed?

Thanks,

Bonita
182, RE: Help- Is there a market for these business ideas?
Posted by astrosnider, Tue Jul-24-07 04:41 PM
Hi Bonita,

While there are sites to find market trends, and too many to name at that, half the game of any business is to grab a market trend and go with it.

Remember, trends stay around longer than fads. Determining how long and in which direction market trends turn is every "experts" theory. Your guess will be as good as the next. (This is a good thing :-) )

I would search geographic trends, industry trends, and of course economic trends all before making a decision on something. How you convert this information will be key.

Good Luck in your endeavors! It looks like you're doing your homework and that says alot.

Sincerely,
Angela Strosnider
www.AngelaStrosnider.com
Virtual Assistance for the Rest of Us
~Proud Member of VANA www.VANetworking.com~