Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameWorking at Home
Topic subjectIs it possible to make a living online anymore?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=130
130, Is it possible to make a living online anymore?
Posted by desmond4m, Fri May-04-07 01:02 AM
It just seems like every idea is taken and every area online is oversaturated with people trying the same thing. Face it. If it was easy to make money online everyone would do it? Has the time come and gone to even try an online profession? Seems like those who got involved with websites 3-5 years ago are the lucky ones.
131, RE: Is it possible to make a living online anymore?
Posted by joseph_675, Fri May-04-07 07:17 PM
Anyone can make money online, just like anyone can make money offline. You got to change the way you think first. There are new opportunities coming up everyday and there is no better time than now for a booming 7 Trillion Dollar Travel Industry. Have a look at www.thousand-dollar-commissions.com and you will know it?s not end of the road.
132, RE: Is it possible to make a living online anymore?
Posted by astrosnider, Mon May-07-07 06:10 AM
Yes,

In my opinion it is. I won't try and sell you an idea such as the gentleman above, but moreover let you know that just like any other online or even brick-and-mortar business for that matter, it's going to take something you are passionate and knowledgable about.

Try thinking this way...if someone wanted to start a cake shop in their area, but there were already two there, what would the new company have on the two new ones? The answer can range from creativity, different designs, etc. Moreover, the two cake shops who've been in business for x number of years may have gotten a little lax on their customer service as customers in the area have had to deal with them with no alternatives. Good Customer Service is key.

There are more than several hundred virtual assistants across the internet, perhaps yes, even thousands. Let me just say that while I did start in the game in January of 2001, I did not need a website from superior customer service and just decided this year to create one.

Hope this helps and motivates you to continue on with finding your perfect "YES! That's it! That's what I'm going to do!" moment:)

Angela Strosnider
~Virtual Office & Business Solutions~
www.AngelaStrosnider.com
133, RE: Is it possible to make a living online anymore?
Posted by carlar9, Tue May-08-07 01:26 AM
Very good reply. It is possible to still make a living online but you have to be persistant and work hard. You can't allow yourself to get discouraged or think that you'll get rich quick. You have to keep at it and as Angela said, Customer Service Is The Key!
134, RE: Is it possible to make a living online anymore?
Posted by DBeavers, Tue May-08-07 03:56 AM
I'm in agreement with the others. Making money online can be viable, whether you are looking to supplement income from a regular job, or seeking a means to earn replacement income and be able to be your own boss.

I started my home-based biz before the internet was created, so naturally I had to build it for the brick & mortar world. But, unlike many others in my field, my office is in my home and I call on clients and prospects at their location. Even today, when I have captured some of the online buyers, I still do most of my sales face-to-face, but also write a number of repeat orders by phone.

Your chances for success increase dramatically, if you build your business around something that you are already passionate about. If you have a hobby that can be supported online (you sell them supplies via your site) your own interest will make it easier to invest the hours you need in creating your site, and also help you establish a rapport with others who enjoy the same hobby.

You aren't limited to strictly individual sales, as many businesses also buy via the internet.

Good luck in finding the right online venture (and keep your options open to expand offline if the opportunity presents itself).

Dennis Bevers
www.CuttingEdgeAdvertising.com
139, RE: Is it possible to make a living online anymore?
Posted by iws, Sun Jun-03-07 12:35 PM
I have to disagree somewhat with your statement that if it was easy everybody would be doing it. I think a more accurate statemet would be "if everybody were not lazy..." Making money really is simple. If you really are interestd in doing something, though you may not know how, as long as you have decided to do it, then the "how to" will follow. Find something that interests you and learn what it takes. In time you can build your business as long as you don't give up. Zig Ziglar once said, "you don't have to be great to get started but you do have to start to be great."

Ocha

Providing inspiration and information worth sharing to help you realize your full potential.

Blog: http://www.infoworthsharing.com/blog
140, RE: Is it possible to make a living online anymore?
Posted by Roseb441702, Sun Jun-10-07 01:47 PM
>It just seems like every idea is taken and every area online
>is oversaturated with people trying the same thing. Face it.
>If it was easy to make money online everyone would do it? Has
>the time come and gone to even try an online profession? Seems
>like those who got involved with websites 3-5 years ago are
>the lucky ones.

The bulk of the replies have been "do something you love" which is something that I totally agree with.

One of the ideas that I want you to look into is Adsense. Basically it is a pay-per-click program and since it is by Google it is with a well-known name. Lots of people are making money using adsense. Here is an excerpt that talks about how much money people have made using Adsense:

http://adsenseconsultant.blogspot.com/2007/05/just-how-much-money-can-you-make-with.html

There are a few Adsense millionaires in there.

142, RE: Is it possible to make a living online anymore?
Posted by MakeshaRamel, Thu Jun-14-07 09:01 AM
Hi,

I am one of those people who believe that person can still make money online. Actually, I have a goal of making 274 dollars daily consistently by August 2008. I have a blog dedicated to just that at MakeshaRamelCaldwell.net.

Makesha Ramel Caldwell Virtual "Blog" Assistant