Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameWorking at Home
Topic subjectRE: Is Work at Home a Seasonal Enterprise?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=101&topic_id=13&mesg_id=59
59, RE: Is Work at Home a Seasonal Enterprise?
Posted by NacySBRN, Tue Nov-14-06 03:17 PM
I see two mentalities for those working from home.

Or it is maybe those of us that depend on the income we make and those that do not really need the imcome they make and it is treated more like a hobby.

Unfortunatly this summer with the high gas prices where brutal on a lot of home biz people I know in our group alone as many as 10 peopl just gave it up and went back to work that is really sad. That is hard summer was hard on me and others that did not give up and although Sept and Oct where slow we are no seeing a comeback. Almost a little late for the holidays but getting started now is better than not getting started at all.

One big mistake a lof of WAHMommy make is making their problems their customers problems you just cannot do that. There are time yes when family comes first if the kid has gotten a broken arm, and going on vacation well we would all love to do that and if you can great. But I sorry going to the lake every day is not good business if you customers are waiting on product or services. When we start our business we create an obligation to others and we cannot alway just do as we please.

For me taking the summers off or cutting back not an option. I would not be able to do that in a REAL JOB so why should I do it just because I work from home.

Sorry getting off the soap box now LOL but really some of us need the income and some don't is what I think it boind down too.

Nanc Johnson