Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameComfort Food
Topic subjectRE: SELLING MY 1/2 OF MY COMPANY
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=100&topic_id=93&mesg_id=94
94, RE: SELLING MY 1/2 OF MY COMPANY
Posted by tamaralyster, Sun Jul-29-07 04:55 PM
Wow, it sounds as if things have certainly taken a turn for the worse between you and your business partner. Admittedly i'm not a expert on legal matters but common sense tells me that it is definitley not ok to change the locks without your knowledge. As far as the email goes i'd think she has no right telling you to stay away.

The best advice I can offer you is get yourself a good lawyer now. Don't wait as the longer you leave it the harder it will be to work things out. It already sounds very messy.

As far as putting a fair price on your business, that would be impossible to do without having further knowledge. Again, your lawyer is the best person to advise you on that matter. I will say though that $5000 sounds like a pathetic amount for a half share business that turnsover $1 million.

I hope you can get through this without to much hassle.

Good luck,

Tamara Lyster

Tamara Lyster Online
www.tamaralyster.net
A marketing concept for businesses focussed on health, wellness, personal development and human growth.

-Strategic Brand Development
-High Impact Business Writing
-OnDemand "Cost-Per-Query" Marketing